Question : I am trying to connect to another domain from my domain - we need to establish a trust

All of the domains on this site fall under 138.156.xxx.xxx
The Domain I manage  is under 138.156.174.xxx
The Domain I need to connect to  is under 138.156.69.xxx
We are trying to establish a two-way trust but I cant connect to the domain.
I made wins and dns entries but I dONTnt think that was gonna do it.
I can ping and connect to the servers on their subnet by ip and they can do the same in the opposite direction.
I have a 2003 Windows Domain they have a Windows NT Domain.
I know we can have a 2003 to nt trust because we currently have one existing with a domain in 138.156.230.xxx
It was setup before I got here so I dont know how they did it.

Answer : I am trying to connect to another domain from my domain - we need to establish a trust

Domain mode isn't relevant. Native or Mixed only affects which OS can participate as domain controllers. This has nothing to do with trust relationships.

I would use the single wins serversolution because I don't have to wait for wins replication. If the two wins servers are not in sync your users will experiance trust failures. It has been my experiance that a single primary wins server (in either domain) is the way to go. I would stand up a second wins server and replicate the changes to it for redundancy. Make sure everything points to that primary so your not going to have issue with replication.

No security issues crossing trust to register with another wins server. WINS isn't domain specifc. Just point all domain controllers to the WINS servers and restart the Netlogon service. They will register domain and domain master browser records which you will need access to to establish your trust.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us