Question : "remote assistance connection could not be resolved" only when i'm using wireless connection.

my home network Terayon cable modem(TJ715) ==>linksys wireless router(BEFW11S4)==>2 computers name MyLaptop and MyDesktop. No firewall has been enabled.

My laptop has two internet connections, one through the wireless, and one through the NIC.
Both have been accessing the internet for 6 months.

When my sister needs help, she uses windows messenger and asks for Remote Assistance.

When I use MyDesktop, everything works fine.  When go up to the attic and plug MyLaptop directly into the router, it also works fine. But when MyLaptop uses wireless connection to router it does not work.  It always says "remote assistance connection could not be established because the remote host name could not be resolved."

The router does not have much in the way debugging tools.  I can't even telnet to it, only interface is IE GUI.

Any ideas what I can do so I can help my sister from anywhere in my house.

Answer : "remote assistance connection could not be resolved" only when i'm using wireless connection.

Ok from the start menu click on Help and support
then in the help and support window click on
Invite a friend to connect to your computer with Remote Assistance

then click
invite someone to help you  

the next window says
" Pick how you want to contact your assistant "

the second one is send an e-mail
and type in an e-mail address
  tell her to put in your e-mail address...
then check your e-mail instead of opening the attachment save it to disk...
 once save to you hard drive hold the shift key down and choose Open With and then browse to notepad and open... again make sure to not have the box check " Akwas use this program to open to open these files"

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us