Question : Mapping a Drive Across Domains

Hi,

I have a few computers that need access a network location across domains. The best solution I came up with is mapping a drive.  Maybe you have a better idea.

The computers in question will be using the login username of "Student" on the MTSD domain.  Those computers need to access the VILLAB domain with the username lets say 10.  (The username 10 is not in the MTSD domain as a user.)

If I map a drive as a different user, it works but when the computer is restarted the user is prompted for the password each time.  

Is there a way to avoid typing in a password or is there a better solution to this problem?

P.S. The network admin does not want to add users from the VILLAB domain to the MTSD domain.

Thanks

Answer : Mapping a Drive Across Domains

If you create a trust between the domains then users between the two domains could authenticate in the other domain. You can set either a one way or two way trust......a one way trust would be only one way....users from domain A could authenticate in domain B,, but not vice versa (depending on the direction of the trust).

With a properly setup trust, the users wouldn't have to enter their password and the admin from the other domain wouldn't have to actually add users into their domain.  
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us