Question : Spam Filters in Exchange

Any one knows of a Spam Filter that is integrated into Exchange.  We have tried Mime sweeper, but it requires a separate browser to view the blocked emails and that does not work for us very well.  So if any one knows of a Spam Filter for exchange 500 points.

Answer : Spam Filters in Exchange

sybari integrates into exchange and outlook. It creates a spam folder for each user and dumps spam into that folder where they can view it. It also adds buttons where they can add addresses to a white or black list. When they click to view that list, it opens in a browser, but they don't need that to view their blocked emails. When they're using webmail, they have access to the folder to view blocked emails, but not the extra buttons.

If I remember correctly, GFI creates a spam folder where it dumps email, then also creates two folders in public folders. if an email is spam and the user wants to blacklist it, they drag it into one public folder, if it's legit, they drag it into another folder.

Both programs have demo versions that you can install on a test server. (I wouldn't recommend installing a demo on a prod server in case you want to remove it)

I haven't tried postini

IMF works with the spam filter built into outlook 2k3. It just flags messages then outlook sticks them into its spam folder. I think you can set it to just dump emails of a certain level too.

RBL and SPF just dump email before the user ever sees them. They won't get everything, but you get almost 0 false positives so you will never miss what it does block.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us