Question : Lotus Notes VPN problems started when Cisco PIX 506E replaced by ASA 5505

Our company has a site-to-site VPN with our mother company in Japan, primarily for connectivity with the Lotus Notes Domino server there.  The VPN is hosted by a Cisco PIX 515E in Japan, and we were using a Cisco PIX 506E here in the states.
However, about a month ago, I unplugged our PIX 506E to plug it into our new UPS unit, and I couldn't get it to boot back up.  So we purchased a new Cisco ASA 5505 to replace it.
I reloaded the old PIX ver. 6.3 config as best I could into the new ASA Version 7.2, (I obtained the pre-shared key info from Japan) and suprisingly enough, the VPN was re-established!  I can put Japan IP addresses into my Explorer address field and enter the access username and password and then browse files over there.
However, the problem is that our Lotus Notes connectivity is now limited.  Before when we were using our PIX 506E, Lotus Notes users here could connect to all databases, send and receive Lotus mail, and write to the database with no problems.  Now that we are VPN'ed through the ASA 5505 on our end, Lotus Notes users can connect to most - but not all - databases, and can read mail but not send it, and can read from but not write to any databases.
We are using Lotus Notes domino client version 4.6.5a here.  I don't know anything about what Lotus Notes server they are running in Japan.

Answer : Lotus Notes VPN problems started when Cisco PIX 506E replaced by ASA 5505

Yes,
You need to check your Router Docs on how to open a port.
it may be similar to

access-list 1352 permit ip any any

I hope this helps !
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us