Question : how to set homepage so all users have the same homepage and can't change it and taskbar locations for roaming users on microsoft XP

Hello,

I'm an 8th grade teacher that has 8 computers in my classroom.  All users have roaming profiles, but the first time a user logs on Internet Explorer simply directs the user to the default msn homepage or whatever Internet Explorer has set.

I'd like to also make the homepage permanent for Firefox for all roaming users.  And I'd like to get program icons on toolbar menus up at the top, and basically customize the way the desktop entirely looks and make this setting permanent for all roaming users.  I figured out that the icons in 'all users' will place program icons for all users when they're roaming, but what about putting icons in the quicklaunch area and custom toolbars?

This is all on Windows XP pro systems.

Thanks so much!!

Tim

Answer : how to set homepage so all users have the same homepage and can't change it and taskbar locations for roaming users on microsoft XP

Hi Tim,

If you have a domain environment then this simply can be done through Group Policies > User Config\Administrative Templates\Start Menu and Taskbar\, but yes for quicklaunch area and custom toolbars you can consider the quick launch folder as just a folder. So you can manage it just like others.

Regards,
Faraz H. Khan
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us