Question : Port 3389 blocked after Windows Update

I am running Windows 2003 server with a public IP.  After performing the most recent Windows update and rebooting I am no longer able to RDP to it either via the internal or external IPs.  I can't Telnet to it either.  (Error:  "Could not open connection to the remote host on port 3389:  Connect Failed")  I can Telnet on port 25.  This is a Windows 2003 Server running Exchange.  I have another Win2k3 server connected physically the exact same way and I am able to RDP to it.   I haven't run the updates b/c I'm now afraid to.  I have checked canyouseeme.org and it says that port 3389 is blocked.  It hasn't been blocked in the past.  I was using it to run the Windows updates that caused me to lose connectivity.  I don't see anywhere obvious that the port is blocked.  It is not blocked on my firewall b/c the other devices are still accessible.  It isn't blocked in the TCP/IP properties.  What else can I check?

Thanks!

Answer : Port 3389 blocked after Windows Update

Though you are actually getting a message the port is blocked verify the service running/listening, perhaps it didn't restart.
On the server at a command line enter (substitute port # if not using default 3389):
  netstat  -an  |find  "3389"
You should get the following result:
TCP   0.0.0.0:3389    0.0.0.0:0    listening
If not go to Start  | Run | services.msc and see if Terminal Services is started and set to automatic
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us