Question : How do i show a picture when a logon script is run?

I am running a Windows NT 4 domain and have setup a network script that maps network drives ect.  I am now wanting to display a picture (that i wil create myself) when the logon script is excuted so I get any new /important information to the users. I have seen pictures being displayed at other companies in the network script and i am wanting to know how i can achieve this. I guess you need a third party program as the other companies display the picture for set time and then disappears while the script is executing.  Any information or adivce is welcome.  

Answer : How do i show a picture when a logon script is run?

To automatically close the application/image you would need a 3rd party application such as "Close" in the following link:
http://windowsitpro.com/article/articleid/71756/jsi-tip-0431---freeware-close-gracefully-stops-an-application-from-the-command-line.html

There are process killers, but that is a crude way to shut down an application.
You will also need to add a "wait" (use ping) in the middle so it doesn't close immediately after opening. Or you can "call" the close application from another batch file.

This is really a "job" for a VBS or WSH script, but you are limited by the fact that you have an NT4 domain.
Also keep in mind DOS commands and switches vary from one version of Windows to another. Scripts like this often have to first determine the workstation O/S and then jump to a subroutine customized for that version of windows.

Keep in mind NT4 was replaced almost 10 years ago :-)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us