Question : Outlook Express GMAIL account

I have set up my client's Outlook Express to access her Gmail. POP has been enabled on GMAIL settings, and all other settings are correct. SSL is enabled with POP 3 and SMTP ports set at 995 (POP) and 465 (SMTP). All settings except for log on and password are identical to my personal gmail account which works fine. I changed the client's username and password accordingly and checked all other settings which are correct. Client's machine will receive but will NOT send even after changing the SMTP port to 567 (as I recall). The client's ISP is AT&T and she is using a 2 Wire wireless modem/router, hard wired. We can access her email via Google but NOT through Outlook Express. I am desperately in need of some advice.
Thank You.

Answer : Outlook Express GMAIL account

The computer in question is an hour and a half away, in a gated community which requires the client to call my name in to the gate so looking into the 2Wire logs (I really don't see how that is going to help when OE has already reported the error number). As far as starting from scratch, that's the way it was done the first time around. Copying the IAF files was an attempt to fix the problem by putting in proved settings. SMTP port 587 (not 567 as previously reported) was recommended on a half dozen forums but since it didn't work, it's a moot point. Port 25 is definitely blocked by AT&T as an antispam measure, but I have also used port 2525 in the past which got around the problem. I haven't tried that yet but will when I go out to the customer's home on Thursday. In the meantime I'm going to need as much technical "ammunition" as I can get before I make the long drive. All suggestions are welcome in the meantime.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us