Question : Lotus Notes version 8.5: Problem with Registration of people

Hi,

1) I was familiar a year ago with Lotus Notes 5 & 6.5 version; when i want to REGISTER the new user (I click "people & group tab"; click people; select register; key in the certifier password; and i could register the person); but i have difficulty to do the same here and need help from Experts of version 8.5

2) I have installed Lotus Domino 8.5
- Organization name: Boba
-Server's final name: Domino1/Boba
-Administrator name: John Black/Boba
-Certifier password: OK (I mean i got it)
-Administrator's password: OK

3) I have installed the Lotus Notes Client 8.5 in another machine
- I use John Black/Boba for the user information (for Client Configuration)
- I tested that John Black could send and receive his own email successfully

4) As John Black as an administrator, i want to create other person (The name is "Beverly White")
-  I  opened the Boba's Directory on Domino1
- I highlight "people"
- Click "Add Person"
-First name: Beverly
-Last Name: White
- Domain: Irwindale
-Mail server: Domino1/Boba
- And there is a NOTE: " To create a new user with a Note user ID and Mail file ...pls use 'Register person' tool in the Domino Administrator Client
-I try to find it, but not yet get it

5)Note: I am using the Evaluation Copy for the Domino Server and Lotus Notes Client 8.5 (Or is it the problem? I don't think so)

6) Would you expers direct and navigate me to the Registration of the people please? (Note: i have the Certifier's ID and password and also the password of the Administrator)

7) Thank you

tjie

Answer : Lotus Notes version 8.5: Problem with Registration of people

Hi there tjie,,,,

The best and the most effective thing I can recommend you to do in this case is to refer to the official Lotus Notes Domino8.5 Administration reference and you will find and answer to each and every question of yours

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/domhelp/v8r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.help.domino.designer85.doc/DOC/H_TABLE_OF_NOTES_DESIGNER_MASTER_TEMPLATES_OVER.html

Best Wishes

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us