Question : How to configure a second 192.168.x.x nic on a server to be accessible from a 10.0.x.x LAN?

I have a server with 2 nics. Let's say NIC1's IP is 10.0.1.10 and that is the subnet our client pc's use to access this server. NIC2 on the server is 192.168.7.1 and is connected via crossover to an iSCSI terastation. There is a login and configuration page for the terastation which is ONLY accessible if you RDP into the server, open up IE, and navigate to http://192.168.7.1/. My question is: Is there a way to configure this server so that I can access this 192.168.7.1 configuration page from a client PC on the 10.0.x.x network? My first thought was to add a second IP, say 10.0.1.20, to NIC2, but I can not ping it from my client pc.

Thanks in advance.

Answer : How to configure a second 192.168.x.x nic on a server to be accessible from a 10.0.x.x LAN?

Hello,

Adding a static route on the server will do nothing to allow your clients to route to the other subnet. If you want the clients to be able to route to the other subnet, you need to add an interface on your router for that subnet and create a new VLAN on your switch. Instead of connecting your iSCSI device to the server with a x-over cable, you would connected it to the switch.

JJ
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us