Question : 7700 dlink ap prompt for username and password (I don't know the user name and password)

7700 dlink ap  The device is mounted 50 feet in the air.  I can access the device through my web interface. It prompts for a user name and password.  I don't know the username and password.  Please help can anybody tell me how to reset the device if it is possible.  Or is their a way to bypass the username and password so the device can be configured to comunicate with the new dlink ap lockated 10 yards away.

Answer : 7700 dlink ap prompt for username and password (I don't know the user name and password)

The process I outlined should clone the new AP's configuration to the older - already mounted - AP (so it would be back to the default settings with a username of admin and a blank password, like the new one), not the old to the new.

AP Manager doesn't ask for the password during discovery, only if you double-click on the device to access the AP Manager configuration pages (which are much more user-friendly than the web configuration pages, btw). It does not ask for a password when you right-click the device and choose CopyCFG, so I don't know if it would for PasteCFG. There has to be SOME way to reset the AP to defaults though.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us