Question : Installing MS Office 2000: "MSJET40.DLL failed to register..." series of error messages

This may seem off-topic but I think the problem is related to my NetWare environment.
I have had MS Office 97 pro installed for some time, and want to add MS Office 2000 pro.  I have done this successfully on other machines before, but on one machine I am persistently getting a series of error messages which begin:
"MSJET40.DLL failed to register.  HRESULT - 2147023739  Contact your support personnel"
The message is repeated for MSOLAP.DLL and for several more files.
This looks similar to the registration problem reported in the MS Knowledge Base document Q292448, but it is not exactly the same. The named files are different.  (I have indeed previously set the Clip Gallery to Run From Network) I have tried replacing the registry entries for ODBC but this did not fix the problem.

Answer : Installing MS Office 2000: "MSJET40.DLL failed to register..." series of error messages

so you did an upgrade??

safe bet that the only solid way of fixing it is a reinstall of the whole pc

mickeysoft ties all soft of windows, IE and office so tightly together that you can't properly uninstall once things go wrong
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us