Question : What is the best solution to stop downloading my same emails into Outlook using different computers?

Hi there,

I've got two laptops with Outlook 2003 installed on both. Both laptops have been set up with a pop 3 yahoo email account that downloads the emails into outlook. What happens is that if I use my other laptop, that also starts downloading the same emails into Outlook.

Given that my broadband connection is limited per month, it doesn't really make sense in downloading all emails twice! Is their a way of creating perhaps a network drive, having outlook on that and so that regardless of which laptop is used, hooking up to that network drive picks up the email? (Or any other suggestions?)

Thanks,
J

Answer : What is the best solution to stop downloading my same emails into Outlook using different computers?

I connect to my email server via IMAP, this way, it can download just the headers, or the entire email. you probably want just the headers until you read the message. This method also saves message states between computers, like if its read, or deleted. Then the only space stored on your computer is the message headers, which should help you a lot.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us