Question : Skype PC to PC calls are NOT free! Why? Skype advertises them as FREE.

I have Skype installed on my wife's PC. My bother-in-law lives in Colombia (her brother) and he has Skype on his PC. When we initiate a call from our PC to his PC, Skype says we need to purchase as $10.00 credit. However, on the Skype website it says that PC to PC calls where both parties have Skype are FREE.

I smell a RAT.

Is Skype a scam; why do I have to purchase credits when they advertise PC to PC calls as free?

Answer : Skype PC to PC calls are NOT free! Why? Skype advertises them as FREE.

Certainly seems very strange, I have been a user of Skype for many years, and have many contacts who are in a variety of weird and wonderful places and have never had a problem calling them skype-skype, and quite rightly according to their website (http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/allfeatures/skypetoskypecall/) calling to any Skype pc-pc is free, regardless of country.

Have you only just set up this Skype account? or has this setup worked before and now it doesn't? The only thing I could think of is if your brother-in-law has a Skype number you are trying to dial which one would require credit to call.  

Have you tried contacting Skype and asking them?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us