Question : Issues with Receiving EMAIL

I have purchased a domain from godaddy.com, I setup with free web based email they offer. I can log into the account with no issues. I can send email from it but when I send a email to the account from a yahoo/gmail I get a delivery has failed.

The message reads:
"Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

[email protected]
The recipient's e-mail address was not found in the recipient's e-mail system. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

The following organization rejected your message: aspmx.l.google.com."

Any ideas? I can seem to find answers and go daddy is going to take at least 24 hours or more to get a hold of..

Answer : Issues with Receiving EMAIL

The error you posted is from an Exchange server and the message was rejected by Google.

Did you sign up for GoDaddy's hosted Exchange service?
Are you sure that you entered the correct email address?

As I said, the error means what it says - the NDR says the user doesn't exist.

The domain name you have entered "mischlerandnurre.com " has MX records that are pointing at Google.

C:\>nslookup
Default Server:  Server:  server.domain.co.uk
Address:  192.168.3.2

> set type=mx
> mischlerandnurre.com
Server:  server.domain.co.uk
Address:  192.168.3.2

Non-authoritative answer:
mischlerandnurre.com    MX preference = 5, mail exchanger = ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.com
mischlerandnurre.com    MX preference = 5, mail exchanger = ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.com
mischlerandnurre.com    MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.com
mischlerandnurre.com    MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.com
mischlerandnurre.com    MX preference = 1, mail exchanger = ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.com
>

Google is involved somewhere, as is Exchange.

The name servers look odd as well - not only GoDaddy, but also something caled "justfree.com"

Simon.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us