Question : Subdomains and SSL for Ecommerce (2)

I'm using a shared-hosting environment where I (actually my client) has a reseller hosting account running cPanel.

We want one documentroot shared by many different URL's.  This seems possible using cPanel's "addon domain" feature where you can point floridawidgets.com to widgets.com/florida -- but not a re-direct, where it actually shows floridawidgets.com in the browser.

The way I want the site to work is to have 1 documentroot so that programming & design changes, etc. are all connected for as many domains as I have.  They're all selling the same thing and will have the same structure, etc.

But when they check out, I'm thinking possibly to send them to widgets.com/checkout or checkout.widgets.com ---- to send them back to the main domain name so they can all share the same SSL certificate.

Is this a valid way to accomplish my purpose?  Anything I'm not considering here that would throw things off?

Answer : Subdomains and SSL for Ecommerce (2)

Hi,

Have you tried parked domains inside of cpanel?

I believe this will do what you want and allow you to have the same files on the domains which have been parked. Unless you get a wildcard or multiple domain SSL Certificate which will allow you to use more than one domain on the same SSL certificate.

You will be better off just redirecting them to the same ssl site unless you can afford one of the certificates above.

Thanks,

Trev
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us