Question : DSL connection fine when computer first starts, then connection speed drops tremendously

Hello

A little while ago i started having bad connection problems. Whenever i turn on my computer my connection is normal and i get the normal speeds. 90-94 KBytes usually which for dsl still seems pretty slow but i guess thats the normal speed. Anyways everything will work fine for 5-10 minutes and then as time goes on, my ping or connection speed begins to drop. This is most noticeable when i am playing games. My ping will be 25-50 on average when i first start out, and then after playing for a bit, the ping will start rising and rising to 1000+. Of course this is not just a problem with gaming, that is just the best example i can use. After a while, browsing or downloading becomes noticeably slow.

I downloaded that Verizon help center thing and three dummies later, I was still having problems. Some dude accessed my computer remotley but it seemed like he didn't know what the hell he was doing at all. I also tried disconnecting all devices connected to the DSL phone line and i still got the problem.

Basically the connection flucuates a lot. I have ran numerous speed tests and have gotten speeds from 14 KBytes/ps to the normal 90+ KBytes. I wish i could change to cable but for the time being i just want to be able to play games normally again so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Answer : DSL connection fine when computer first starts, then connection speed drops tremendously

...  or use TCPOptimizer.exe from my link (If you don't trust the link, then just go to google and search "TCP Optimizer" )... LOL
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us