Question : Macbook losing wireless connection

I'm currently running Windows Vista on my Macbook using Bootcamp and I'm having some difficulties with the wireless internet connection. The internet would work perfectly when i'm about 5 feet from the router. As soon as I leave the room where the router is and go to another room about 20 feet away, the internet connection is horrible. The Signal strength is still strong and the bars are almost full but the ability to go on the internet is not there. I tried using the Mac side of the bootcamp and still same problem.

When I use another laptop, HP, the problem is not existent. I tried changing the routers and I still get the same issue.

I tried changing the channels on the router itself to eliminate interference but that didnt work neither. I just clueless as to what I can do right now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Answer : Macbook losing wireless connection

The problem may be the macbook itself since you said it does the same thing both in windows and mac and the problem  is not present with the other laptop.
This is a nice utility to run to see the strength of your signal also
http://www.passmark.com/products/wirelessmonitor.htm
also you can try a ping to the router see if the response time is more then 1 ms
or you could try to set up a local network share and move a big file between the systems see how that works,
I have a Linksys WRT54GC router and it moves files from one pc to the other at about 2,4MBytes/s.

It would be fair to say that if other systems perform normal and the macbook does not then there its safe to assume that the problem is with the macbook.

Regards
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us