Question : ROUTE ADD to access a customer via the office VPN

From the main office, my customer's server is available via a public IP ... we'll say 111.22.33.51

The main office has a fixed IP, so the customer's firewall is configured with an appropriate hole.

I am on the VPN that puts me on the main office network.  But I'm not getting to the customer's  server.

I think I should be able to issue a ROUTE ADD command so that attempts to get to 111.22.33.51 go through the VPN, then get routed there ... so that the customer sees the traffic coming from the main office IP.

Am I correct?

I did a ROUTE ADD 111.22.33.51 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.60.0.17 ... but I still can't get to the server.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks!

Answer : ROUTE ADD to access a customer via the office VPN

If the VPN server at your main office is also their edge router, it may not like traffic coming in the external interface which is destined to go out the external interface.

Perhaps remote desktop'ing into a PC at the main office will work for you, alternatively establish a VPN with your customer's network, or obtain a static IP from your provider and modify the customers firewall accordingly.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us