Question : Netware 6.5 DS Repair Issues

Getting the following error during DSRepair (specifically during replica repair)

Illegal replica number 4444 is reissued

I cant seem to find any decent fixes to this, and all the errors i seem to find when digging around point back to the 626 error.

Also getting this error during a time synchronization

Could not find a net address for this server Error: -626

I know that the servers can resolve the hostnames to their IP, and IPX addresses, so I am not really sure what the issue is, help please.

Answer : Netware 6.5 DS Repair Issues

Try excluding the external (public) IP address on the BorderManager server with the "NCP exclude = x.x.x.x" command. (replace the x's with the public IP address, no quotes.)

Only do that on the BorderManager server.

You need to make sure NCP is allowed through the private side in both directions, too.  If for some reason there's IP filtering in place blocking private-side traffic to/from the server, add an exception to allow TCP port 524.  eDirectory needs to talk NCP server-to-server.

Also, if there's a timesync problem yet, make sure port 123 is open on the private side too.

If you don't have filters in place on the private side, then you have a bind-order problem.  BorderManager grabs the first-bound IP address to control, so the public-side IP address has to be first in the bind-order.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us