Question : VOIP on both sides of the atlantic

I want to find a VOIP provider who can give me this:

(a)      10 contiguous USA side single state numbers
(b)      10 contiguous UK side numbers
(c)      Fax to email and email to fax in UK
(d)      Fax to email and email to fax in US
(e)       Provide the ip boxes, phones and headsets

I found soho66 who can do the UK side (b) and (c), but not yet found any others. Being more of a .net programmer than a networking/telecoms person I haven't got a clue about this market and really need some basic guidance on how to assemble the above solution easily. I thought EE experts might be able to give me some good guidance..

Since we are on voip it would be nice to have free calls between any two of our numbers.

thanks

Answer : VOIP on both sides of the atlantic

Here's what I'm thinking....

The 2 chaps in the USA could easily link to a hosted pbx such as offered by either link2voip or voipstreet.  Either company can provide you the DIDs you need and host a pbx in their datacenter for a relatively low monthly rate.  Your employees in the USA can simply point their phones to the pbx and it will be like they're in the same office.  

Depending on what you have for a pbx in the UK (if you have one) you may be able to link it to the USA pbx via SIP.  This would allow all your employees to be local extensions to each other.  Link2voip does offer DIDs in the UK so they might work for you but you might be better off with a UK company for those.   You could also consider installing an Asterisk based PBX in your UK office and linking the USA DIDs and phones directly to that location but it would increase the latency on the calls.

As far as hardware goes I've dealt both with aavoip.com and with voipsupply.com among others but I'd recommend either of these.  I would suggest going with fairly decent phones.  Polycom has a nice product but they can be difficult to get working behind firewalls.  We've had good luck with the better Aastra phones.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us