Question : Migration of Postfix/Courier-IMAP/Mysql<wbr />/Amavisd

I have a linux fedora core 8 (2.6.23.1-42.fc8), set up as a mail server with Postfix, Courier-IMAP and managed with mysql and spam control with amavisd.

All works well, but I have to retire the current server and migrate it to a RHEL v5 2.6.18-92.1.10.el5 server.

Now it has sendmail only.

As the current fedora server was setup quite some time ago, there is no longer good documentation available enough to set everything up again.

Is there an easy way to migrate? Also, during migration, what are the key points that I need to look at so that I don't screw up the existing emails, user accounts and passwords? Especially user accounts and existing emails.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Answer : Migration of Postfix/Courier-IMAP/Mysql<wbr />/Amavisd

First, you are going to need to install the application RPMs. There is no way around that.

You will need to dump your MySQL database and import it on the new server. You will need to create new userids that are the same as the older platform/instance so connectivity won't be interrupted.

Then you will need to modify the Postfix master.cf to point to your local MySQL server instance/database.

I recommend reading the following article for getting MySQL, Postfix & Amavisd working together...
http://www.howtoforge.com/virtual-users-domains-postfix-courier-mysql-squirrelmail-fedora-10

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us