Question : Problem with @setviewinfo

I designed a view that attempts to mimic a windows file system.  I created a bunch of documents that allow the users to navigate through folders and documents.  All of these "map documents" are contained in a single categorized view.  When the user goes into the view, I write information to their profile document and then use @setviewinfo on the PostOpen event to display only the folders and document files that point to the root of the file system.  If they double click on a folder document, I use the queryopendocument event to write additional values to their profile doc and set continue = false.  This is because if they click on a folder, I don't want to open a document.  I just want to display the next set of documents / folders that are located in the folder they just clicked on.  I would like to call @setviewinfo again to filter the documents once again.  I can not figure out how to call @setview info again because it's used on the PostOpen event.  I do not want to use an action button.  I can not call @setviewinfo in the queryopendocument event because I use script there.  I tried created an agent and calling that through script, but that does not work.

Answer : Problem with @setviewinfo

One question...

In your actual code, you are replacing the 'string' and 'columnname' parameters with actual data, right?  If not, then that may be why it doesn't work.  Normally, you construct the macro as a string, substituting actual data from your LotusScript variables like this...

Dim stringvariable as string
Dim columnname as string
stringvariable = "some filter"
columnname = "some column"
evaluate({@setviewinfo[SETVIEWFILTER];"} & stringvariable & {";"} & columnname & {";1})

If you are using the temp doc trick, however, you can just refer to the field names that are contained in the temp doc.

Of course, there's always the posibility that @SetViewInfo just won't work in an Evaluate statement.  I have found that most @Functions work, but @Commands don't.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us