Question : DSL-300G+ Not responding after firmware upgrade

Hi,

I have a DSL-300G+, the tag on the side describes it as a DSL-300G+/UK V.A2.

I flashed in the new firmware from http://www.dlink.co.uk/pages/tech_support/dsl_modem_overview_ts.asp here, it uploaded just fine, after about a minute the modem said to wait whilst it restarted, which it did.

However, when the admin page tried to reload it "couldn't find the server" - 192.168.0.1 - I figured it was just taking longer to flash the modem than expected. So I left it alone for another 5 minutes before retrying.

However, no joy - I can't reach the admin page and it doesn't appear to be serving up DHCP addresses. If I manually set the local address to 192.168.0.2 I still can reach the modem.

Yet, it appears to be working, reboot it and the normall light sequence flashes, after a moment it appears to establish an ADSL connection and the ethernet light flashes as it should when I send a ping to a random address (although never a response).

What can I do now? The modem has a port on the back labelled "Console" but it's a strange port, a little smaller than an RJ11 - not the Serial port I've heard about from Google.

Any ideas?

Answer : DSL-300G+ Not responding after firmware upgrade

Hi wiqbbvknuyv,

Check the manual, maybe the Default IP address is different, so you would have to try reaching another IP-address. If no luck... I'm sorry, but it seems your firmware update went wrong and you will have to send it back for repair... :(

Greetings,

LucF
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us