Question : Wireless router in AP client mode

When I set wireless router in AP client mode, and set WAN connection as PPPoE, how can I know:

1) if router has connected to my WISP (it should connect to it without being authenitcated, right)?
2) has been authenticated by my WISP?

In Status window, I get info about the channel, ssid, etc in Wireless section, but in WAN section, I get all zeros. Does this mean that I have connected to my WISP. but failed authentication, since I didnt get IP from it?

Thanks,
Goran

Answer : Wireless router in AP client mode

What's the brand and model of the router?

> 1) if router has connected to my WISP (it should connect to it without being authenitcated, right)?

Although most PPPoE implementations use authentication, it's not actually part of the specification.

> 2) has been authenticated by my WISP?

Sometimes on the WAN Status page it will say whether it's connected or not. Hard to say how to tell that without knowing what router it is you have.

But let's back up for a second:
> When I set wireless router in AP client mode

Usually that mode means it talks only to one particular (wireless) WAN connection through the radio (and none locally). The only connection[s] it will talk to locally in that mode would be through the wired LAN ports. Again, without knowing what brand/model the router is, there's no way to know for sure... each manufacturer tends to name things a little differently so you'll buy more components made by them to ensure they'll all work together.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us