Question : Can't map driveletter to Iomega Storcenter.

We bought a StorCenter with 1TB HD space for our company. We've placed it in the local network (wired). We've turned it on and tried the software.

The detection tool finds the StorCenter without any problem. We've clicked "manage" to change some settings through the web interface, like the RAID etc. We gave the StorCenter a name and added it to our Workgroup (PSD).

After changing the settings we tried to assign a drive letter to the public (default) share, but here things go wrong. It says that the share is not found and I'm sure it's the correct address... (//192.168.0.12/public). I've tried to add a new user, and use this login to map a drive letter to the share, but every time I get the same error.

* I can ping the StorCenter with it's IP address.
* I can ping the StorCenter through his hostname.
* I can manage the StorCenter through the webinterface.
* The Detection Tool sees the StorCenter.
* The PC and StorCenter are on the same router and workgroup.

Why can't I map the share? I can't see the StorCenter in the workgroup we assigned it to either (through windows explorer). What could we be doing wrong?

The problem is quite urgent, so I hope someone faced this problem before and knows a quick fix.

In short: What could go wrong when we can't map a drive to the public share and if we can't see the machine in our workgroup in Windows.

We're currently using Windows XP.

Thanks!

Answer : Can't map driveletter to Iomega Storcenter.

None of the named solutions helped.
We've brought back the machine and bought a NetGear ReadyNAS 1100.

Thank you for your responses!
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us