Question : Cisco 1130ag DHCP issue

Hi Experts,
I have 2 1130AG autonomous AP and having issues getting a LAN IP from a win DHCP server. Both AP's are connected to a 3560 switch where interface VLAN2 and VLAN3 are defined. Vlan 2 is my DATA and Vlan3 is my VOICE network. Vlan3 I created an ip helper-address pointing to my voice router gateway that is also acting as a DHCP server for voice. I can see voice host connected to my SSID B_VOICE and its working properly. For my SSID A_ DATA I only see the MAC address of the laptops and IP 0.0.0.0 or sometimes 169.254.21.x. I have a windows DHCP server that resides on VLAN2 and normal wired laptop and desktops PCs are working fine using DHCP.

Both interfaces on the 3560 where both AP's are connected are set to trunk and trunk allowed vlan 2,3. Attached is my AP configuration.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

db

Answer : Cisco 1130ag DHCP issue

Do all the workstations have A radios in them? You have to tell the client which radio to use, most configurations don't allow both to be active at the same time. For general purposes, G is adequate for most situations and you can turn the A radio off. I would suggest that due to performance reasons with the access point. Using both radios cuts down on the amount of clients that you can actually handle per access point.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us