Question : Wireless Networking - Registry Restriction

I want to disable the ability to change a wireless connection (including disconnecting/connecting)  

I want the user to be able to see the wireless connection icon on the desktop [computer w/ the green lines that look like a wireless signal] so the user know they're connected, but I do not want them to be able to make any changes once they're connected.

Help is greatly appreciated!!  Thank you.

Answer : Wireless Networking - Registry Restriction

Amangle, yes, you can prevent users from disabling network connections.  You can create a group policy object and assign it to the users you want to affect.  Here's a link to more info on Microsoft's website:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prcf_omn_iggi.asp

Basically you need to open the group policy editor and go to:
User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Network -> Network Connections.  The specific item you want is called: "Ability to Enable/Disable a LAN connection'.  There may be other useful settings to make as well (you probably don't want them changing the settings either).

Please post back if you need more info.

Jeff
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us