Question : Configure Transfer To Voicemail with Asterisk / SPA942

Looking to configure the ability to transfer to voicemail with Linksys SPA942 phones using Asterisk 1.4 latest releases. We're also using the Asterisk-Gui to configure (and command line if needed).

I've enabled the ability to dial straight to voicemail and if I dial #xxx from the phone it will prompt to leave a message for the extension. However, if I transfer to #xxx it just bombs out.

Any thoughts on how to make this work?

Answer : Configure Transfer To Voicemail with Asterisk / SPA942

I just tried and tested the following which seems to work ok: In the Asterisk GUI, choose "Show Advanced Options" from the Options form. Now select the File Editor form and select "extensions.conf" from the drop-down list. Edit the [default] context and add a line like this:
exten=_88XXX,1,VoiceMail(${EXTEN:2}@default)

Save it and click the "Apply Changes" button. Now you should be able to make a direct call to voicemail by prefixing the extension number with 88. This also works for transferred calls.

If you don't want to use 88 as the prefix, then anything else that is numeric and unique (i.e. cannot be confused with another dialplan pattern) should work.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us