Question : Print job history in iPrint?

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to see what documents have been printed through iPrint? We are running Netware 6.

Thanks.

Answer : Print job history in iPrint?

Depends.

I don't know what SP you have, what version of NDPS/iPrint you're using or whether or not you've upgraded iManager to 2.02, but:

If it's available, in iManager, is an "auditing" entry.  Select the printer manager object and a list of printers will display.  If you turn on auditing for a printer, it will track who printed how many pages to a printer on a given date.  That info is obtained through the Printer Health Monitor dialog.

The "help" message in my iManager says:

"Printer Auditing

Auditing lets adminstrators see who printed how many pages to which printer on a given date. When enabled, auditing creates a log of print jobs submitted to the Print Manager for the selected printers. This information can be reviewed or downloaded to a spreadsheet.

To enable auditing, check the Enable Audting check box.

To view or download auditing information, click Printer Health Monitor."

Again, I don't know if that's something available in prior versions, as I don't have prior versions in front of me - but it is there for the version I have running, so it probably is there for you, too.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us