Question : VLAN Routing issues

i have a remote site with a cisco router and switch... ruoter is connected to the host site with a point to point...  everything is working fine as far as data routing (essentially vlan1)... when the voip phones (7960s) are setup on a normal port on the switch they get IPs and are able to find the call managers back at the host location, etc...  the problem we had however, was that voice traffic was one way...  we could make calls and send voice to the cisco phones, but when someone talked into the cisco phone, voice couldn't travel back so we assumed it was a routing issue, however we couldn't find anything.  then we were informed that the phones need to be in their own vlan setup for voice, etc...  we have the voice and data vlans at the remote site working with their own dhcp scopes etc..   vlan 1 is data, vlan 2 is voice...  the router has an ip in each vlan...  however from the router i cannot ping anything in vlan 2 on the switch...  when a device is plugged into the switch it can ping anything in either vlan...  the host router can ping either ip of the router (vlan 1 or vlan 2)...  i'm assuming that this is a vlan routing issue?  i have the vlans setup on subinterfaces on the router...  is this making any sense?

Any suggestions or do i need to just post configs?

Thanks

Answer : VLAN Routing issues

My initial thought is that you will need a subinterface on each router that is a truck but the config would help
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us