Question : SSL Certificate Question

Hello all.  I have a question about something that is happening with a Web site we have.    We have a domain name hosted by Primus web hosting.     Then we have a site we manage in-house that has a new SSL Cert installed on that machine and domain.   Now what is happening is the domain that is hosted outside if I type in the HTTP:\\ address it hits a page that redirects to the SSL site page we host in-house with no problem.   However, if I hit the HTTPS:\\ address I get prompted with an expired certificate that resides on the hosted SSL domain and when I click "yes" it does bounce to the in-house SSL page.  Now the host says that we would have to buy a new certificate to get rid of that message which I do understand, however is there a way that if a user types the HTTPS address of the host that it would not prompt that its an expired cert and would just redirect to the in-house URL domain we have?   The real issue is we probably should have bought the cert and placed it out on that hosted domain, however we have it installed on the in-house domain which is just another URL we have.   We dont want to have to buy another 2K dollar cert to fix the problem, but users have the hosted https: address bookmarked.  Any ideas all?  Thanks hope this makes some sense.

Answer : SSL Certificate Question

I don't think so. They have a redirect that points to your in-house server, but as soon as you initiate https with their server, you will get "expired" popup.

Certificates cost from $60 up, not 2K. Redirecting SSL is npt pretty, so if you can, either change the URL and give clients a new one, the one that points to in-house, or
put SSL site on hosted server. Or else, even if your certificate is good, if you redirect like that, users will have to agree to certificate twice..
If that is not a problem, then get another certificate that maches the hostname, and you should be set, at least no more expired cert. warning.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us