Question : Getting Netmeeting to work with a ethernet modem/router and wireless router

I am running my PC with a a Zoom X4 ethernet modem/router and I have purchased a Dell Laptop with wireless technology. I want to create a wireless network soI have purchased a Balken Wireless router and have connected this to the modem and my desktop pc. This connection all works well for the internet but I want to use Netmeeting on this machine if at all possible.

I have tried to configure the DMZ option within my modem/router and my wireless router and whilst I can use netmeeting for outgoing calls I cannot receive incoming calls/data.

I believe that both routers are issuing ip addresses and therefore this is causing the problem - am I wrong?

The question is how do I configure my setup so that I can use netmeeting for incoming and outgoing calls on my pc and use my laptop as part of the wireless network.

I know this is a configuration problem as I have two routers but am unsure how I should set it up to work properly.

Any ideas???

Answer : Getting Netmeeting to work with a ethernet modem/router and wireless router

Try this link http://www.microsoft.com/windows/NetMeeting/Corp/reskit/Chapter4/default.asp
If your routers don't have a firewall try to use PORT FORWARDING, open ports 1503 and 1720
Good Luck
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us