Question : Roaming profiles filtering out Internet files, cookies, and favorites

I've set up Roaming Profiles and I'm doing some testing, I want to get my users converted over soon.  How do I filter out cookies and favorites.  I do not want these files being uploaded back to the server waisting space.  I've found NTUSER.ini under the user profile. The NTuser.ini exclusion list, it has a list of settings local setting ect. The local settings are not being saved to the network.  Where does this NTUSER.ini file come from?  However I do not know how to edit this file it does not save.  How do I keep cookies and favorites from being uploaded back to the server?

Answer : Roaming profiles filtering out Internet files, cookies, and favorites

You can't just filter out cookies/favourites.

Using either:
1) NT Server's policy
2) Windows 2000 Domain Security/Group Policy (Exclude directories in roaming profile Group Policy at User Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon/Logoff)
3) regedit and manually modifying the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\ExcludeProfileDirs

you can set what folders are excluded when the user profile is updated.

These are:
a) Local Settings
b) Temporary Internet Files
c) History
d) Temp
e) Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

NOTE: You could reduce the number of Days to keep pages in history on the General tab of Internet Options, and check the Empty temporary Internet Files when browser is closed box on the Advanced tab
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us