Question : toshiba DP3580 printing problems

I am the IT admin of a small law firm. We have 5 computers networked via hub and share an internet connection. We also have a Toshiba DP3580 Printer/Scanner/Copier unit attached to the hub. In order to print to this unit I have assigned it an IP address and created a TCP/IP port for that address on each of the office PCs. The port is setup as an LPR port and the print Queue is assigned the name PORT1.

I have installed the correct drivers for the Toshiba printer on each of the office PCs.

PROBLEM: When I print a document to the Toshiba, about 95% of the document will print ok and then the remaining part of the document will come out as scrambled text and characters. When I choose to print another document the new print job will start and the first several pages will be scrambled text and characters, then the missing part of the last document I printed, and then the new document will print.

Anyone have any suggestions.

Answer : toshiba DP3580 printing problems

On one of the machines on your LAN, go to the printer's LPR port configuration and see if you have an option labeled 'LPR byte counting enabled'.  Go ahead and enable that option and see if that helps.  It will probably lengthen the time it takes for the printer to start printing the job, but hopefully will clear up the messed up last page issue.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us