Question : unable to get an IP address with D-Link wireless router

I have configured the D-Link wireless DI-524 router according to the directions.  It is a DSL modem so I have selected PPPoE.  Also, I have configured the laptop for encryption using WEP.  All of the wiring is as directed.  The phone line connects to the DSL modem.  ethernet runs between the DSL modem and the router.  The standalone desktop computer is connected to the router by ethernet.  The ISP connection is working because the stand-alone computer accesses internet OK when it is connected directly to the DSL modem.  For some strange reason, the laptop cannot get an IP address.  I have configured the wireless card in the laptop.  Any ideas would be appreciated.  I have the same router working successfully in my office at home.  Thanks,
capreol

Answer : unable to get an IP address with D-Link wireless router

I could think of 2 reasons...

1.- The Encryption Key is mismatch, disable WEP and try again, If it works like that then you'll know pay more attention to the copy process from Wireless Router to PC.

2.- In Run>msconfig, go into the Services Tab and look for DHCP client.. make sure it's enabled.

please try and let us know..
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us