Question : DNS problems

hi my name is tony i'm having problems with my domain domain is called vanettizl.com
i went ro register.com registered the domain name now i just recently bought an 8 port linksys router now i'm having problems joing the clients to the domain now i'm thinking of forwarding the domain name to the router ip with zoneedit i get this error when i try to join to the domain Note: This information is intended for a network administrator.  If you are not your network's administrator, notify the administrator that you received this information, which has been recorded in the file C:\WINDOWS\debug\dcdiag.txt.

An error occurred when DNS was  for the service location (SRV) resource record used to locate a domain controller for domain vanettizl.com.

The error was: "No records found for given DNS query."
(error code 0x0000251D DNS_INFO_NO_RECORDS)

The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.vanettizl.com

For more information, click Help.

i have configured in the dns in the domain i right click forward lookup zones new zone then i put next then it it askes me select the type of zone you want to create i put active directory intergrated  i put the name vanettizl.com finish it now am i configuring the dns allright also what should my ip be ? i have a static ip from the isp 201.225.85.65 is the gateway
201.225.85.66 starting from there is the ip the subnet is 255.255.255.248
please ive been trying to configure my server for 2 months already can you tell me how i can configure it also when i go in the command promp and i ping the domain name ping vanettizl.com it gets the ip 216.21.229.197 which is the ip i register it from register.com i deleted that ip already and put my ip from the isp ?????

help expertssssssssssss exchange i need help you guys

Answer : DNS problems

Tony, this is the forth time you've posted about this issue, if you could please continue to post to one thread there's a chance it can be fixed, but without your responses it makes is very difficult.

Still...

Active Directory requires it's own DNS Server, that server must support Service Records and preferably Dynamic Updates. It is highly unlikely that your ISPs DNS supports or allows that, so you must install a DNS on your Local Network. This Server should be set to have an Primary Active Directory Integrated Forward Lookup Zone for the Domain vanettizl.com.

You should have the majority of your Network on a Private IP Range. You don't want either your Internal DNS or Server publically available as you have it set at the moment.

You need to find a way to get traffic between your Private Network and the Internet - generally a Router, although your Windows Server can do this for you if you install 2 network cards and the Routing and Remote Access Service.

All other Computers and Servers on your Network need to use the Internal DNS Set up on your main domain controller.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us