Question : NetBios over TCP/IP

At the moment we have 2 separate domains on the same network. There isn't any trust relationship. DNS settings aren't linked, no stubzones what so ever.

The problem is that on domain "name1" there is a name resolution to a servername on the domain "name2" that resolves to a wrong ip-adres. I've been looking for the source of this ip resolution. There is no  DNS setting, no host lmhost file. I flushed all possible caches, dns arp netbios, wins. But still a ping to the servername resolves to a wrong ip address.

When I execute a nbtstat -a servername I get Host not found. Nslookup also can't find the servername. When I select the "Disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP" in the WINS Tab of the network card properties it solves the faulty resolution, running a ping to the server I get "Ping request could not find host ...". When I reselect the Default setting "Use NETBIOS setting from the DHCP server....." The wrong server ip resolution reapperars.

So it must be Netbios over TCP/IP being the source of this resolution. How do I flush this Netbios over TCP/IP cache?

Would creating a DNS stubzone solve this issue?

Answer : NetBios over TCP/IP

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us