Question : VPN drops connectivity at random

Hello,
I have a SonicWall StandardOS VPN going.  I am able to connect through the VPN from my remote locations without issues.  I have been working with the tech support people at SonicWall and no one seems to have an idea what is happening.  My connections drop without warnings at random.  Sometimes I'm on for 10 minutes, 5 minutes, 7 minutes, etc.  Here is what I do:

1. Sign-in to the VPN
2. VPN establishes connection, DHCP issues LAN IP address.
3. I open Dameware of RDP  (I've tested both with the same results)
4. Working for a little while, then FREEZE.  Note: It does not abruptly drops, it hangs for a moment and then drops.
5. I usually wait a few minutes and then my client asks me to sign-in again.
I've changed the DPD settings on my client per the instructions from the SonicWall support team.  I've reduced my MTU settings as well.  Also at random intervals, I can not access the https management console.  I've called and my ISP says my line is golden.  Guys, gals, I'm dying here.  Can someone please throw me a bone?

ERROR FROM THE (4.00.830) CLIENT: Failed to receive an incoming ISAKMP packet. An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host..

Answer : VPN drops connectivity at random

This question has not been abandoned.  I have simply been aside myself with this problem.  I thank you ViRoy and I feel you should have some type of points for assisting to help me with this problem.  However, it appears that my fix required a complete upgrade from the SonicWall people.  Since the posting of this original plea for help, I have been upgraded to the Enhanced version of the OS and all appears to be working fine now.  

I urge any of you out there, if you are experiencing these similar problem with the 180TZ Standard OS version only; to do whatever you need to do to upgrade this device.  If you are certain that your config is proper....  There is no need in beating yourself over something that you have no control over.  This has been a god awful nightmare.  I'm scared to even sign-in to the firewall to check the settings, its been so erratic.

My God....
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us