Question : VPN connection problem

I am running on a XP OS and do connect via a VPN to my companny.
Since two weeks I cannot connect anymore to the VPN.
In order to sort it out I took my destopp to the companny. They checked the configuration and tested it on a bt broadband connection and everything worked fine.

When I went home I was not able to connect, I use a tiscali Broadband connection.
Since the problem appeared the first time I removed Zonealarem as a potential source without success.

The company said this might be related to my Braodband connection, I phoned up tiscali they said it should work fine.

Does anyone have an idea how I can narrow down the source of error. Unfortuattely I am not an expert, so I ask the experts!!
:)

Answer : VPN connection problem

Windows Xp has a VPN client built in to it. Make sure that you have PPTP enabled on the desired machine. Click Start>Settings>Control Panel>Network and Internet Connections>Network Connections>Create a new connection.
The options you want to enable are"Set up an Advanced Connection","Accept Incoming Connections",and "Allow virtual private connections". The 6th screen of the wizard allows you to specify the users that can use the VPN. Enable the account and assign a password for your user. I hope this helps....Booda2us
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us