Question : Click on "View Workgroup Computers" - Mshome is not accessible

This is the first time I've ever seen this error. I am working with a home network in which I am trying to share the C drive of each one. Computer A is just fine. Computer B is not. When I click on "View Workgroup Comptuers" I get the error "Mshome is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. - The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available." What in the world do I have to do to see MY OWN workgroup!? I've rebooted. I've turned off firewalls. I checked on protocols. I've turned on BOTH gues accounts. Any ideas anyone? Both computers are running Windows XP Professional.

Answer : Click on "View Workgroup Computers" - Mshome is not accessible

Run local security policy editor from control panel admin tools and set the local policy, Network Access: Let everyone permissions apply to anonymous users, to enabled and make sure guest account is enabled

or
on the XP machine

Start | Programs | Administrative Tools | Local Security Policy

Security Settings

Sharing Mode- Change this to "Classic Mode - Local users Authenticate as Themselves" (as opposed to "Guest only" the default model)

this fix will be applied after a restart

See:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/proddocs/506.asp?frame=true

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us