Question : Windows cannot load the user's profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system. Details - The system cannot find the file specified.

I've installed a Dell server with Windows 2003 SB, set up users/groups in Active Directory,etc.  I went to migrate the first Windows XP Pro pc to the domain today.  I was able to add the PC to the domain successfully.  However, when I went to log onto one of the domain user accounts (ex. temp) I got the following message:

"Windows cannot load the user's profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system. Details - The system cannot find the file specified."

You click OK and it logs you onto XP, but it it is a default profile.  I added icons to the desktop, and upon reboot they disappeared.  I can also log on with the domain administrator account and it gives me the same message and logs me into a default profile.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Answer : Windows cannot load the user's profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system. Details - The system cannot find the file specified.

Try taking/giving ownership of the profiles in question probably a permissions issue
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us