Question : How to configure a D-Link DI-524 wireless router to work within in a domained network.

I have a D-Link DI-524 Wireless Router that I would like to hook up within my domained Windows Network. My DC is on W2K3 Small Business Server. Is it possible to set this up within the network so that I can have some wireless users access it and still be a part of the domain and have internet access through it by proxy?

Answer : How to configure a D-Link DI-524 wireless router to work within in a domained network.

Hi msheppard74,

You can use the DI-524 to connect wireless users to your existing network. If you connect one of the LAN ports on the DI-524 to your existing LAN it will act like a network switch with a wireless bridge to your wireless users. If you could provide more details about your network configuration I can give you more detailed instructions.

What IP range do you use in your network? Open a command prompt (Start->Run->cmd) and type ipconfig /all. This will give you IP address, subnet mask, DNS, DHCP information. Copy that and paste in your reply.

HTH,

William
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us