Question : Implementing WLAN with different VLANs and WANs

I am attempting to create a wireless network, which will contain 3 separate VLANs and 2 different WAN gateways. I would like to know how can I create redundancy for this network and make it more efficient and robust.

VLANS:
VLAN10 will be for management/control only.
VLAN20 will be for corporate use with RADIUS authentication and have its own T1 gateway.
VLAN30 will be for guest use only with a cable modem gateway to the internet (public).

AP:
80 Lightweight 1131's, 2 SSIDs (one for VLAN2 and one for VLAN3).

Layer 2 POE Switch:
Ports configured as trunk ports to allow the VLANs to pass through.
All layer 2 switches are connected to a backbone Layer 2 switch.

Wireless LAN controller:
Cisco 4404-100 connected to the core Layer 2 switch.

The routing will be accomplished using a core layer 3 switch connected
to the backbone layer 2 switch, which will route VLAN20 to the corporate
gateway and VLAN30 to the cable modem.

Answer : Implementing WLAN with different VLANs and WANs

I'm not sure what your question is exactly; you seem to have everythign pretty figured out in your diagram.

The only thing I would add in terms of redundancy is some managed spanning tree circles and possibly moving some of your switches around and letting spanning tree "do its thing"

By setting the bridge closest to the VLAN 20 or vlan 30 router as the root bridge, a "star topology" will be formed centered on that switch for each vlan. Thus, by implementing this way, traffic from the wireless host to the internet will go through its AP, then the left of the 3 POE switches, then the left of the 2 core switches, and straight to the AP;

while traffic from that laptop to vlan 20 will go from laptop to AP to left POE switch to right core switch to corporate router.

spanning tree
spanning tree

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us