Question : DNS GOING TO OUTSIDE SERVER INSTEAD OF LAN SERVER

I have a medium sized network that I have been having DNS issues with.  We have one 2003 server that is the domain controller and is also the DNS server.  All the workstations are running WinXP Pro with Gigabyte switches and network cards.  My IP address for this network are 192.9.200.0 which was established well before I came into play.  I have been experiencing very slow connections to the internet and some applications that the server has the licenses for.  I have just noticed yesterday after months of playing with the DNS settings that my workstations are trying to access a connection with the server DNS/chia.arin.net which has an IP of 192.5.6.32.  I believe that this is happening because of our network address's, is there a way that I can prevent this from happening without having to change the IP address of the entire network?  I also have a Cisco 506E firewall and was wondering if there is a setting that needs to be changed to prevent our workstations from trying to register on chia.arin.net.

Answer : DNS GOING TO OUTSIDE SERVER INSTEAD OF LAN SERVER

It shouldn't be an issue if everything is configured correctly but yes if changing to a 192.168.x.0 or 10.x.x.0 or 172.16.0.0 to 172.63.0.0 range would be ideal as they are guarenteed private.

Steve
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us