Question : Connecting to server trouble!!

Hello,

Thank you for your time.  I am working on setting up a workstation to a workgroup.  I have the right path for all the server files loaded.  The trouble i'm having is that there are two database files  that are seen by the new workstation through the workgroup.  I reloaded the software for the "Timeslips" program and it says that the network path not correct.  I went to another computer to see if I could find what path it was connected to.  I could not see where exactly the path was.   Let me back up a little bit.  I originally had a customer who was trading a Hp desktop out for a laptop that is to be used in this lawyers office. The HP being the one to be configured to the network.  How can I get these Timeslips database files to be seen on the HP?   I also thought maybe I could connect both of them together with a crossover cable.  Make a network share and just use the " file and settings transfer wizard" in XP to copy the proper setting from the laptop onto the HP desktop?  Would this be an option?  Or is there something else easier that I could do to rectify this situation?  I would appreciate any help I could get with this to save face for this customer especially since he knows a lot of people being the former mayor of a large city.

Thanks,

Compucharley

Answer : Connecting to server trouble!!

Hmmm, I've only supported timeslips on a stand alone machine, but I think (from the error message) that you need to map a drive to the database folder
check one of the other machines for a mapped drive
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us