Question : Novell, Netware Small Buissnies Server, 6.6

Hi
When I load BECDM.CDM on a netware Small Buissnes server (HP ML350G5)
We server vill abend.

I have backupexec 9.2

Answer : Novell, Netware Small Buissnies Server, 6.6

The BECDM is from late last year - did you just recently update Backup Exec, either to the 9.2 version or with some patches?  Any other recent updates? I noticed that you have a fairly recent version of the HP/Compaq Insight Manager stuff - was that installed recently, like just before the abends started?  I also notice you have Norton Antivirus / Symanted Antivirus - any recent updates applied to that?  SAV is notorious for causing more problems than it's worth.

Have you added or changed any hardware, especially USB or SCSI devices, and if so, what's different?

If no software or hardware changes have been made that you're aware of and this just suddenly began to occur, then it could be faulty memory, or corrupted files.  

For any help beyond that, sorry, but I'd have to say what you'd hear from Novell support:  Apply Support Pack 6, and any relevant post-SP6 patches, before doing anything else.   Novell support would refuse to even look at any abend logs if you aren't current with your Support Packs.

NW6.5SP3 was kinda buggy, which is one of the reasons there has been an SP4, SP5 and SP6 since.   It's kind-of a waste of time trying to debug your problem if it's fixed by a support pack, so if it keeps happening after SP6, post another abend.log entry and we'll take it from there.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us