Question : Am receiving a valid IP but not getting internet access

Hi,

I have a computer that is on a network of on average about 15 computers. Currently this particular computer is giving me a valid ip address (192.168.0.27) but it won't connect to the internet at all.

I have tried to ping the gateway and get no response, however no other computers on the network are having the same issue. Of course being that I can't ping the gateway I can't ping any external machines like a google box.

This computer has had a fresh format and reinstall of windows and is running windows XP home. I have installed the relevant drivers for the LAN  and it's doing it to me.

I have a different port on our switch incase that was faulty and still no joy.

When I check ipconfig /all everything looks alright but yet I still can't get internet access or even local network access.

I'm running out of ideas and can't figure this one out.

Answer : Am receiving a valid IP but not getting internet access

Yaay! Glad you now have some success.

For some years now we have always taken the view with clients that with the time spent trying to search, and try out, different drivers for a piece of hardware, it is cheaper & quicker to install a new one!

The hardware is so inexpensive these days.

See:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c00063027

Look at the "Onboard LAN section" needs drivers for a Realtek 8201BL LAN PHY (Physical Layer Protocol). Google it and you'll find many download sites, but don't waste too much time!

(Do I see the points heading my way?) :-)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us