Question : Sharepoint Setup Errors

I hosed my Sharepoint so I decided to uninstall and start fresh.  I have uninstalled Sharepoint, SQL desktop engine, IIS and even Veritas.  When I reinstall SharePoint I get the following:

"Setup Errors
There are errors in Windows SharePoint Services setup.

Extend Virtual Server : The server administration programs and the extended virtual server for Windows SharePoint Services on this Web server are not compatible. Ensure that the administration program is the same version as the virtual server."

When I browse to theSharePoint page IE returns the following:

"Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested Url: /default.aspx"

When I open SharePoint Central Administration and try to administer the virtual server I see the Name, URL, and Version but to the right of version it says "Not Administrable."

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times with the same result.
Any Ideas?

Answer : Sharepoint Setup Errors

Hi Again just to clarify:

You have SPPS SP1 installed.  (SharePoint Portal Server)
You have WSPS SP1 installed  (Windows SharePoint Services)

It could be that the files are there, but that WSPS SP1 is not fully installed:

Try:
stsadm -o upgrade -forceupgrade

from the command line in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\60\BIN

I would also just for grins reapply Windows 2003 SP1:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?amp;displaylang=en&familyid=22CFC239-337C-4D81-8354-72593B1C1F43&displaylang=en

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us